Sunday, March 22, 2015

Town Setup for before selecting Derby Task

Get your town looking like this before selecting the Visitor task.












And you can complete the task as fast as you can tap on the visitors to collect the rewards.

Note: This task with 320 Derby points is a rare one.   You might want to safe this task close to the end of the Derby if you are close to winning a cup.  Wait to close to the end of the Derby and then preform the task to snipe the cup for your neighborhood.

Here's how to setup your town task for the neighborhood derby.  These steps should be done in advance of the start of the derby and /or the selection of town visitor task.  But depending on the number of members in your neighborhood it maybe in reverse.  (See bottom why)


The more visitors you have waiting to pay for services with gifts the faster you will be able to complete the task.  Higher numbers of those served pay higher points towards the derby race.








This is a trick I use so that I have a number of town visitors already served, but points have not been collected yet.


Here's a photo of visitor served waiting to give out reward and catch the next train.











I serve my visitors in the same order when they arrive as in.

Bread and Breakfast request are done first
Spa or Gift shop next
Grocery Store
Cinema
Diner
Beach Cafe

I do this so that I do not have visitors still needing to be served getting stuck inline of those finished with town visit. As in this sample of visitors at the grocery Store with two still needing to be served and one with a reward in hand.




Town Hall menu showing visitors at grocery waiting to go to next building and one visitor ready to give reward for services received.










As I get more visitors from other members towns via my Personal train.  I use the town Hall menu to send them to the buildings that wish to be served at. 
List of new arrivals from personal train pick up.

Tap on a visitor to send them to a building to be served.










Sample of this being done.

After sending all new arrivals to be served.  Go back to the Town Hall menu and select the person needing to be served.









And it will take you right to that person in that building.  This allows those that have been served to remain waiting outside the building, til you collect payments 










Serve the visitor and any others still needing to be served.

If those outside do not have gifts yet and wish to visit another building.  Tap on them to collect payments and tap on them to send them onto the next request of service.

Note: If the building that they requested has visitors outside with payments.  Use the Town Hall menu as you did here, to keep those from going to train.


After selecting a Visitor task, go to the town and collect the payments and gifts from the visitors. 

I find the best way to use this trick is to setup the Beach Cafe'  ( If you do not have the beach Cafe' yet select one of the other buildings) with visitors served.  Here's what I do:

After I have finished all Derby task that I can do, I collect all payments and rewards from all visitors in my town.  If my barn can handle the supply of gifts that is.  :-)   ( If I do not have room then I just let the hold to the gifts, so not to take up room in the barn.  Then I begin to setup for the next Derby, I serve all visitors requesting items from the Beach Cafe' last.  So that only the Beach Cafe' has visitors outside waiting to give payment and rewards.  All others not asking for items from the Beach Cafe' I collect payment and rewards from, allowing the town to receive a new visitors.  Once my town is max out with visitors all waiting to make payment and collect rewards at the Beach Cafe'.  I  select a number to release for new visitors to welcome, if the new derby has not started yet sometimes as well.  It all depends on the status of my barn and need for the items. 

In my case my town can hold 42 visitors, so by the time the new Derby starts all 42 are listed as "Ready In Beach Cafe'" under the Town Hall menu list.

Note: Due too the fact that,  I'm playing with only family members at this time my neighborhood consist of only two members.  So now I do not use the town visitor task anymore except if I wish to snipe a cup. It depends on how others are playing the current Derby, if no one else is only doing the max 320 point task.  I might hold off on purchasing the extra task and save my diamonds.  Meaning at the ending of a derby I have visitor points waiting to be collected if I need to use the task fast only. 

See The Town page for another tip on visitors.  Kicking a visitor out for pick-up by someone in your neighborhood. http://squirehayday.blogspot.com/p/train-depot-and-town.html


Page updated March 17 2016


No comments :

Post a Comment